Sunday, March 1, 2009

Sprung


I have a love/hate relationship with Spring.

Day after day of damp, muddy grayness bores down like an endless tunnel of gloom.

But then there are are the hints of hope. Little glimpses of life that promise color and brightness. I have planted hundreds of Spring bulbs over the years and the eager anticipation of seeing their lovely little faces makes Spring a surprise package that is worth the wait.

So maybe I should describe Spring as a love/love/hate relationship. The delight seems to outweigh the gloom.

Like surprises? The photos are links :)

P.S I like to make recipes using Spring fruits.
I'm thinking this Spring Fruit Pudding sounds super yummy. I'll write a post when I get around to making it.
If you try it, please let me know what you think. I'd love to hear from you.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Where the heck are you that you have flowers? We're having a blizzard here! I love spring, I'm always so hopeful that this year everything in the garden will be perfect and it's light and bright out.

maryeb said...

LOL, those photos are from last year.
All we have are a little green stems right now.

No blizzard here just frigid cold, nothing to do but knit :)