Wednesday, October 8, 2008

Last Taste of Summer


'Sausage' and Pepper Heros
I made this wonderful recipe a few weeks ago. The recipe is for a vegetarian version, but meat eaters could easily substitute their favorite sausage. Just be sure to cook the sausage thoroughly according to package directions.

The bread is one of my very favorite breads, Panera's Three Seed Demi loaf. I cut the demi loaf in half and then split it open lengthwise. I think it's a little shallower than regular hero rolls, but so worth the yummy taste.

I was very fortunate to find these gorgeous mini heirloom tomatoes. So I used fresh tomatoes instead of the canned specified in the recipe. I've never seen heirlooms in miniature, but they were lovely to look at and even better to eat.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

My mouth is watering ! Great blog.

Diane Margaret said...

Hi Maryeb! You have the most fabulous recipes! and your photos with them are excellent!!!
great work, Di