Friday, April 17, 2009

Monkey See

I'm having a serious case of sock lust.

Triggered by a post by Susan and fueled by the super addictive site, Ravelry, I've been pouring over patterns and yarns.

After knitting my first and only pair of socks a couple of years ago I wasn't sure it was something I wanted to do again. But then I discovered Cookie A. patterns. Wow, these aren't socks they are little wearable works of art.

Following the recommendations of fellow Ravelers, I chose Cookie's 'Monkey' pattern.

I'm off to a good start and will keep you posted on my progress.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I am now an official sock enabler! Yay! I love your choice of pattern and yarn. I thought Monkey was a great pattern and I wear mine all the time. Now I'm going to buy Cookie's new book.

Anonymous said...

I am a sock maker too! With my travels for work, I usually take yarn to make socks, scarves or washcloths, small projects that pack well and make up quick. When I'm in my seat on the plane, the knitting usually fascinates my seat mates and they always comment when they see I'm making socks... beginning with "my grandmother...."! When I make a pair of socks, I usually don't know who they will be for, but while I am knitting I find my self prayerful for something, someone, not knowing who or what exactly, but as each pair is finished it becomes clearer who the socks should go to. It may be someone who has recently lost a job, or for the birth of a child, or graduation, or the passing of a loved one... and somhow, socks become more than just.... well, socks.

Blessings ~ Eileen@Star's Fault

Diane Margaret said...

I'm a "sock maker wanna be"!! lol
I love the act of knitting! and although i love the look of hand made socks I shudder at the thought of venturing beyond my wash cloths or scarves! A friend gave me an old fashioned sock knitter years ago (round wooden ring with pegs in it and a hook tool!) it's very cool but it's sitting in a cupboard in my studio with half a wool sock on it and alot of dust!! Perhaps i'm content with admiring "real" knitters creations!