Friday, January 23, 2009

Too Much


Sometimes you can have too much of a good thing, as in too many beads.
In designing brangles and bangles, I initially thread the beads onto a relatively straight piece of wire. I love using lots of beads in different sizes, shapes and colors. For me, this is the fun part of designing, but in order to get the right shape the wire must be curved.



And now the dilemma, the beads that looked so perfect and fit so nicely are too crowded, impeding the final shaping of the brangle.




Some beads need to be removed. This will create the space I need in order to curve the bracelet properly.

This is what I faced with this brangle. I don't know if you can see from the photos, but in the first photo the brangle has two more blue beads than the final photo.
I removed those two little blue ceramic beads so I could get a smooth oval shape; just perfect for gliding easily along the wrist.

1 comment:

rosecreekcottage-carol.blogspot.com said...

Wow! Beautiful beads...beautiful creations! I'm glad I found you on etsy!! I've met the nicest people there.