Wednesday, January 28, 2009

No Shrinking Violet


The 'Big Ivy Scarf' pattern knits up into one hefty scarf. It was the cover pattern for the Fall 2008 issue of Knitscene and I loved it the moment I saw it.

I've been wanting to knit something with stranded colorwork and this pattern was perfect, small sections of colorwork interspersed with an open meshwork pattern. I had so much fun knitting this I was actually a little sorry when I finished it.

I couldn't find the Asian Trends yarn specified in the pattern. So, I substituted Berroco's Ultra Alpaca. The main color is actually a brighter gold shade. I just couldn't get the colors to photograph well.

4 comments:

Live, Love, Laugh, Write! said...

That's beautiful! Thanks for sharing :)

LazyTcrochet said...

Beautiful!

Susan said...

So pretty, and just the right amount of colorwork to make it interesting.

Feral Housewife X said...

love this piece... very interesting and beautiful!