Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Beginning

"Colorless green ideas sleep furiously" Noam Chomsky

This quote immediately caught my attention. Intriguing. I didn't understand it. I couldn't let it go until I did. A sentence that follows all the rules of English grammar makes perfect sense, and yet it doesn't. This may just be the perfect way to start my blog about the different topics that interest me: cooking, knitting, jewelry making, life. This blog is me trying to make sense of a new knitting pattern or jewelry making technique and then write about it in an understandable, interesting (hasn't already been done) way.

I've included this graphic because I think it is an interesting visual explanation of the quote.
















For those of you who are interested in a more detailed explanation of this quote follow the link below.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Colorless_green_ideas

1 comment:

HomeMadeOriginals said...

As a former student of linguistics (long ago) I got a kick out of this post and your blog name. Thanks for stopping by my blog.