Thursday, December 11, 2008

Rib-sticking Goodness


Quick Pierogie Bake

This yummy tummy filling casserole was easy to make, but not exactly quick. Not for me. I think the problem may have been that I put all of the ravioli in the pan to brown at one time. I've since learned from watching the Food Network (sorry I can't remember which show) that one should not over-crowd the pan when browning.

I couldn't find pierogies so, as the recipe suggests, I substituted cheese ravioli for the pierogies.
I used two varieties of mushrooms, brown button and shitake. And, so I wouldn't set off the smoke detector, baked instead of broiled at a temperature of 375 for about 15 minutes.

I love casseroles, especially this time of year, if you have a favorite you'd like to share I'd love to hear it.

*Eagle-eyed readers who regularly visit my blog may notice the date on this post is the 11th. It's the 21st and, yes, I've been a bit delinquent in keeping up with my blog. Thanks for sticking with me!

1 comment:

Krista said...

Tough time of year! I love pierogies! I'll have to try this recipe this winter!