Wednesday, April 1, 2009

'Waist' Not


Normally I am super irritated when I reach for a box of cereal and find it contains only a handful of crumbs. But as I looked at what was approximately a cupful of Kashi Island Vanilla crumbs, I thought - chicken. These crumbs just might make a nice topping for some baked chicken breasts.

I've always been a pretty frugal girl, even before it was chic to be a 'recessionista'. I often try to think of ways of using whatever I have on hand. So with the addition of a tablespoon of curry powder, a generous handful of fresh chopped basil, and some chicken breasts; what started as a disappointment at breakfast turned into a delight at dinner.

Now the title for this post could be 'Waste Not' but I think this is a pretty waist-friendly recipe, not too high in calories or fat. And I just love puns :)

1 comment:

BeadedTail said...

How clever! Sounds really good too!